Curious Tom Pty Ltd (“Curious Tom”)
Company Registration: 2018/317868/07
Summer of Nerf 2020 Competition (“the Competition”) – Competition Rules
These Rules were last revised on 16 October 2020.
You are advised to regularly check the Website for any amendments or updates.
- Participation in this Competition is governed by these terms and conditions (the “Rules”) as well as Section 36 of the Consumer Protection Act (68 of 2008) (“CPA”) and wherever possible, these rules have been aligned with the CPA.
- Participants are encouraged to review the Rules before entering into the Competition and acknowledge that they have been given an appropriate opportunity to do so and that they understand and accept these Rules.
- This competition is operated by Curious Tom (Pty) Ltd with Company Registration number: 2018/317868/07 (“the Promoter“) on behalf of Hasbro Sales and Distribution South Africa (PTY) Ltd. (“Hasbro”).
- Participation in the Competition constitutes acceptance of these Rules and participants agree to abide by these Rules.
- This Competition is limited to legal residents and/or legal citizens of the Republic of South Africa, specifically persons who enter the Competition (the “Participants”) via the Summer of Nerf website (the “Website”) available at summerofnerf.co.za.
- The following people shall not be eligible to participate in this Competition:
- Directors, members, partners, promotional and advertising agents, merchandisers, employees or consultants of Hasbro and the Promoter.
- Spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any of the persons specified above.
- People who are not legal residents and/or legal citizens of the Republic of South Africa.
- Persons under the age of 18 unless written permission from their parent/s or guardian/s has been obtained before entering and when claiming a price. The Promotor may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
- In entering the Competition, Participants confirm that he/sheis eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize he/she may win. The Promoter may require Participants to provide proof that he/she are eligible to enter the competition.
- The Competition shall commence on 26 October 2020 and will end on 29 November 2020 (“the Competition Period”). No entries received after 29 November 2020 will be considered.
To participate in this Competition, Participants must adhere to the following:
4.1 To participate in the Competition, Participants must purchase one or more participating Nerf Merchandise “Boxes” via the Website.
4.1.1 The participating Nerf products are set out on the Website.
4.1.2 Non-completion of a purchase, or return of goods within 30 calendar days after the Competition end date, disqualifies the entry in question.
4.2 Participants must participate in a weekly challenge as set out on the Website and the challenger cards and must then submit their challenge videos online via the specified submissions platforms.
4.3 Participants may enter the Competition as many times as they wish over the Competition Period, provided that they adhere to the Competition mechanics each time.
4.4 Participants must enter under an account that is registered to that person. No other person can use another person’s account for Competition entry purposes. If it is discovered that participants have entered on an account that is not registered to them, they will be disqualified and the Participant will be requested to refund the prizes to Promoter, if applicable.
- The Prize
5.1 Participants stand the chance to win one or more, of the following; Nerf Elite 2.0 Volt, Nerf Elite 2.0 Warden DB 8 (Turbine), Nerf Elite 2.0 Phoenix CS 6, Nerf Elite 2.0 Echo Cs 10, Nerf Ultra One, Nerf Ultra Dorado. The grand prize winner will also have their obstacle incorporated into Hasbro’s Nerf Fest that is planned for
5.2 During the Competition Period, the winners will be chosen weekly, by a random draw and contacted within a reasonable timeframe, but no later than 2 December 2020.
- How to claim your prize
- At the time that a potential prize winner is identified, the Promoter will contact the potential prize winner using the telephone number or email address provided with the Competition entry.. The Promoter may require the potential prize winner to provide proof that he/she is eligible to enter the Competition, such as proof of purchase (receipt/invoice) and/or proof of age.
- A potential prize-winner is not an actual winner at the time of being contacted. Contact is made with a potential prize-winner to ensure that he/she is eligible to enter the Competition. If a potential prize-winner does not (i) produce the requested documentation within 48 hours of the request being made, or (ii) meet the eligibility requirements, the prize will be forfeited and a redraw will be executed subject to the terms and conditions herein.
- The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the potential prize If the Promoter is unable to reach a potential prize winner after 3 (three) attempts made within 3 (three) working days of his/her name being drawn, for whatsoever reason, including incorrect telephone numbers or inoperative telephone numbers or no answer, the prize will be forfeited and a redraw will be executed.
- Winners will have their prizes delivered to them via courier to the respective addresses provided to the Promoter.
- The Promotor’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter may require the winner to complete and submit an information disclosure agreement to enable the Promoter to ensure compliance with these Rules. Should the winner be found not to have complied with these Rules, he/she will automatically be disqualified and the prize will be forfeited. Winners may also be required to sign acceptance of prizes.
- The prize is not transferable, and no substitution or cash redemption of prizes is permitted. The prize will not be handed/awarded to a third party, but only to the verified prize winner.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at their sole discretion, to substitute the prize with any other prize of comparable or greater commercial value for whatever reason.
- Participants may be required to take part in publicity campaigns for broadcast or publishing purposes. Participants shall at all times be entitled to decline the above request. Participants that take part in any publicity campaigns will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for such publicity campaign or otherwise. All publicity and other materials will be the sole property of the Promoter.
- Nothing in these Rules is intended to, or must be understood to, unlawfully restrict, limit or avoid any rights or obligations, as the case may be, created for either the Participant or the Promoter in terms of the CPA.
- All Participants participate entirely at their own risk. By reading and accepting these Rules, each Participant gives consent to these risks and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless the Promoter, Hasbro, their directors, employees and agents of any and all liability pertaining to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature sustained as a result of their participation in the Competition and related events and activities, save where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful misconduct of the Promoter.
- The Promoter, Hasbro their directors, employees, agents and distributors accept no responsibility and they will not, in any circumstances, be liable to compensate the Participants, or accept any liability for: (a) any inability by the Participant to use the prize in part or at all; or (b) any personal loss or injury arising, directly or indirectly, out of the use of the prize.
- The Promoter, Hasbro, their directors, employees, agents and distributors, are not responsible for any misrepresentation (whether written or verbal) in respect of any prize nor in respect of any warranties or undertakings given by any person other than the Promoter
- The Promoter reserve the right to terminate or extend the Competition at any time. In the event of such termination or extension, all Participants agree to waive (give up) any rights that they may have in terms of the Promotion and acknowledge that they will have no recourse against the Promoter, its advertising agencies, advisors, suppliers and nominated agents.
- By entering the Competition, Participants acknowledge that the Promotion will be managed in accordance with the provisions of the CPA. Participants undertake to expeditiously do all things necessary to enable the Promoter to comply with their obligations under the CPA including, but not limited to providing such personal information as may be required in order to facilitate handing over the prize to the Participant. Should any Participant refuse or be unable to comply with this requirement, the Participant shall be deemed to have forfeited the prize.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained in these Rules, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, modify, change, postpone suspend or cancel this Competition, the Rules and any prize (which has not yet been allocated), or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which the Promoters deem necessary. At the end of the Competition for whatsoever reason, all of the Promoter’s obligations in regard to the Competition as well as in regard to the prizes shall cease to exist.
- These Rules shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa and any Participant and Promoter consent to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the High Court of South Africa.
- For further information or enquiries please contact us via email at email@example.com.